Thanks to our historic health reform law, Americans will be able to get the care they need, when they need it, and insurance companies will finally be held accountable for putting profits before people.
To learn more about the key protections included in the law, please browse the topics below:
- Young Adults Win Big Under Health Reform: Thanks to the Affordable Care Act, young adults and recent college graduates now have even more health care rights! Click here to learn how the law helps the college grad in your life.
- Celebrating One Year of Health Care Rights: It's only been one year since the Affordable Care Act passed, but people across the country are already benefiting from the historic law. Click here to hear real stories from real Americans who have been affected by health reform.
- Healthcare 411: Want the latest on health care news and research? Visit the Department of Health and Human Services' new site "Healthcare 411," to find videos, articles, podcasts and more on a variety of health topics.
- Our Health Care Heroes: Some opponents question the Americanism of supporters of our health care law. But, the truth is, many of our founding fathers and key historical leaders were strong supporters of access to quality health care. Click here and learn more about our American health care heroes.
- New Era of Health Care: On September 23, 2010 key benefits from the historic Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act passed during the 111th congress will begin to take effect. We've chosen 9 blogs that will examine various aspects of the new law. Click here to learn more.
- 12 Reasons: Now that our new health care law is being enacted, you might be wondering: What's in it for me? We've compiled a list of benefits that will help all Americans today and for years to come. Learn more.
- What does health care mean for... : Find out what the health care law means for you. We’ve outlined how the new law helps women, children, seniors, small businesses, and other constituencies. Learn more.
- Virtual Patients: Our new health care law makes huge investments in preventive care, ensuring that Americans can get timely preventive services that will allow them to stay healthy now and in the future. Use our interactive virtual patients to learn more about the preventive care protections in our new health care law.